Wednesday, August 29, 2012

While the Cat's Away..

While Trina was away soaking up the sun in the Carolinas last week, I was a busy little bee!
 
I have been preparing for our next Market Day on September 1.
 
Using my brand new circular saw, I made six vintage looking signs, a tray, a centerpiece trough, and a couple of secret projects.
 
I am really loving my saw... as in I have been looking around my house and shed for old boards to chop and transform into art!
 
But back to those vintage signs.
These are the boards before I hand- painted the text on them. There are actually seven boards in this photo, for those of you keeping track. I haven't decided what I want that rectangular one in the bottom left to look like yet.

I am loving the blue boards! I used a paint color called "Fast Fortune" that I got from Ace Hardware for FREE with a special coupon a few weeks ago. (Trina and I each got free paint- I can't wait to see her reveal her color choice!)

I had forgotten what the color looked like, so when I popped open the lid, it was like Christmas! Woo! The color is intense when it is
 in the can, but it looks amazing as a vintage sign!

Here is a sneak peek of a few signs:




 
Stay tuned to see more finished pieces and reveal one of my secret projects!

 
(So...ok they are really just secrets from Trina. Last time we went to Rice's Market, she arrived with secret projects, and I thought that was fun and thoughtful, since I enjoy surprises/presents/secrets. Turns out she had made them on an impulse really late the night before we went, and didn't tell me because I had already gone off to bed. My friend is funny.)

No comments:

Post a Comment