Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Return of Project Wednesday

"Welcome back...welcome back, welcome back, welcome back..."
(theme song from Welcome back Kotter)
Thought I was too young to know that? Your right... I would watch it on Nick at Night hehe.

No I was not kidnapped, abducted by aliens, or in the witness protection program... For those they may be wondering why so much silence from the co-author of this blog there isn't an answer - there are MANY!!!!

New school year
Ballet classes (for my daughter)
Zumba classes
Emergency trip to the ER (my husband had appendicitis)
Introduced to Pinterest
girls bedroom makeover (post to come)
Halloween
sewed costumes for Halloween
Addicted to Pinterest
Wedding in Charlotte
Sewed dresses for the girls (for the wedding in Charlotte)
Vacation to Florida
Thanksgiving trips (visited both sides of our family)
and recently I just started up a photography business

SO...now that I have made all of my excuses for being a lame blogger let's get on with it: Project Wednesday is back baby!! And just in time for Christmas! Johanna and I have an obsession with Pinterest right now and one of us may or may not need an pintervention (1146). Although it keeps me up late at night I get so many inspirations and ideas...if only there was a board on how to get your children to sleep in - hmmm... Anyway today's project brought to you by Pinterest:
Twine Ornaments
here is what you need:
glass ornaments (we used clear but any would work)
your handy glue gun
twine
ribbon (for hanging)Did you notice my glue-gun? She has seen a lot of miles...and she always keeps a souvenir from each project :) she makes Johanna giggle.

This isn't necessary to have but it does make it a little more enjoyable:


Mmm...caramel brulee latte...oh how I love you!
I started with a dot of glue on the bottom of the ornament and then coiled the twine on top of it.

Then kept winding and gluing to secure.
Continue till you reach the top and secure it with more glue.Super easy, yet beautiful! Add ribbon to hang on your tree or group them on a plate for an easy centerpiece! Voila - thanks Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment