Sunday, August 7, 2011

House Guest Marathon

Mr.Lemon and I have seen a steady stream of houseguests since June: my sister and brother-in-law, my dear friend (Hi Celia!), my parents, and my brother and sister-in-law. I love having people in our house, cooking and hanging out together, but my favorite thing about having visitors is when we can introduce our houseguests to our friends here. Mr. Lemon and I moved across the state two years ago because of his job, but we knew no one. Our friends from our church here have been our family since our big move, so it is a pleasure to be able to introduce our new friends to our family.

With all the houseguest action, I haven't had time (or space, since my studio turns into our guest room) to work on my furniture projects. Trina and I got together to make some smaller projects this past Wednesday,  but I am ready to get to work on Harriet. Here she is before I make a new slipcover to cover her golden crushed velveteen-ness.


This is her twin sister, Beatrix, dressed up in her own slipcover. Isn't the ruffle too cute? She was my first attempt at a slipcover and I am very happy with the result. I made my own piping and used the chair as the pattern. I still have to finish her legs and pillow, but I haven't decided what color to paint the legs or what to do with the lumbar pillow (not pictured).


What is your opinion on the lumbar pillow- ruffled edge or clean piping?

No comments:

Post a Comment