Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chair Makeover - The first of many

My studio has been over taken by thrift store chairs and curb finds - and I have been instructed by my husband that I am restricted from buying more until I start refurbishing the ones that I have. It pains me just thinking about the chairs that may be in the thrift store waiting to find a home. So here goes the month of chair makeovers!

I picked up three of these at the beginning of the summer and couldn't wait to see their transformation...if you could look beyond the mustard yellow vinyl they had a lot of potential.



First I removed the vinyl, and prepped her for paint.I decided to paint them with a creamy white to give them a cottage chic feel. Then I roughed her up a bit with sand paper for a distressed look.This was my first time using upholstery tacks, but with some patience and precision they turned out well!I was able to finish this chair today thanks to a playdate that kept my older daughter occupied...thanks J!!


Here is a side by side picture of the before and after:

I love it so much!

The little ruffle really changed the chairs look - I'm glad I added it!

I'm really pleased with this chair makeover...now to get enough energy to do the other two matching chairs.


But wouldn't making more of these cute frenchy pillows be more fun?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the after.

    New follower,
    Kim
    kimberlyannblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete