Thursday, August 30, 2012

More Finished Pieces

Trina and I have been busy preparing for our upcoming market day on Saturday.

Yesterday I showed you the signs I made, and today I will show you my tray and trough, and yes, my secret project.

 
These are the projects I worked on last week...I told you I was a busy girl!! This week I am finishing up some sewing projects and one more sign before we go to Market.
 
This is my trough on my work table, as raw wood. I don't have any step by step pictures, since I was working alone and I was too excited about making these projects.
 
 
Here is the trough all stained and ready to go to Market! It is distressed and stained in an antique brown color.


Six wide-mouth mason jars fit inside to hold fresh flowers or to display office supplies. The jars can be removed to hold cooking spices or a simple arrangement of dried flowers.
 

 
The tray is very sturdy and a perfect size for keeping your favorite magazines (Thanks, Celia!) and books together on a coffee table. Using a tray for this purpose helps to keep things tidy, and if you use a large ottoman as a coffee table, this tray provides a place to set drinks or buttery popcorn on movie nights.
 
And now, my secret project!
 
TA-DA!
 
A ladder.
 
 
Here is a close-up of the chippy finish I did.
 
 

I built this on a whim and I am pleased with the results!
 
It can be used to hang blankets in the living room or a guest bedroom or it can be used to hang towels in a powder room.
 
Trina came over the other day to peek at my projects and she was surprised to see my ladder. Mission accomplished!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment