Monday, October 24, 2011

Not Another Shrubbery!

Since the Shrub Removal Party on Saturday, the front of our house is a wreck.


 We tied up 18 bundles of shrubbery but there is still a huge pile on our front lawn. 

(The word "shrubbery" makes me laugh and think of the scene in Monty Python. Who's with me? Anyone? )


I am so excited about the idea of flowers in the front of our house! I have big plans for flowers and window boxes to pump up the curb appeal for our little house. The front looks a little bare without the enormous bushes so I need to get to work!
For immediate color, I bought some red mums. These will (hopefully) come back next year to provide fall color. I know they are perennials, I just hope I don't totally kill them.

I also planted tulip, anemone, and ranunculus bulbs for spring. They will be so cheery in pinks, yellows, purples and reds!! I just need to plant some fill in plants and some summer blooms. Any suggestions?
And for all of you who know me, Mr. Lemon did the initial digging, but I did actually put the bulbs (all 160) in the ground. Only two "surprise appearances" from those wiggly you-know-whats, resulting in bit of minor squealing on my part. Grandma Bets would be proud.

Proof that I actually had my hands in the dirt.
I suppose this is my debut picture. So nice.

What is your favorite flower? Do you have any plans for your spring garden?



Blog Bonus!!
For an extra dose of silliness: the "Knights of Ni" scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment