Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Night Bandits

Last night I went to pick up Mr. Lemon from the train station.

As we were driving home, I spied a dresser.

You know where this is going...

Now, it had been raining- actually pouring- for most of the day, but I still wanted to check it out. After I convinced Mr. Lemon with "I just want to pop out and see", I  made a somewhat illegal u-turn. Shh!

Crazy parking, check.
Flashers on, check.
Measuring tape in hand, check.

It was really dark, but I could see (with the help of car headlights) that despite one missing knob, the dresser was in great shape, and didn't have any rain damage. Immediately, I schemed how to get it into my car.

It was so heavy! Lucky me, I am married to Mr. "I-can-lift-anything"-Lemon! Just as we started to move it together, the homeowner came out.

Yikes! We were caught red-handed taking this guy's trash!

No worries- he said he had two more dressers and a mirror he was bringing out.

As the homeowner described the other two pieces, I thought, it is a good thing we came by to nab this dresser- how in the world was that guy going to get the other two down a flight of stairs all by himself?!

While Mr Lemon helped our new best friend with the other two dressers, I called Trina with a full report.

She has been looking for a low, wide dresser to turn into a fabulous something that I won't divulge here (save that for later). She also has a similar dresser in her girls' room, so I thought I'd give her a buzz to see if she wanted either.

Trina drove over to where we were to see for herself. She wound up taking both and a mirror to boot!

Score one for The Lemon Poppy Cottage night bandits!


This is my tall dresser. (I can't close one of the drawers until I attach a new pull otherwise it is a beast to open.) I put it in my sewing room... for now.

Trina's sweet hubby and Mr. Lemon are buddies and often the victims of our curbside furniture discoveries. But I will tell you one thing, we are happy to each be married to supportive, loving men. Thank you for keeping us in check, and nudging us to tackle our ever-growing lists of projects.






No comments:

Post a Comment