Saturday, April 14, 2012

Let's get Organized! Part 3

Since I have been trying to get more organized lately, I thought I would share my strategy for tackling my ever-increasing project list.

I have lots of lists floating around my house of things I need to do or get or ask Mr. Lemon to do. I have been working hard on compiling a list of everything I have to do with each step written out.

So for example, I have a chair to upholster, I call him Big George. (I like to name my projects... I know...weird.) Anyways, I bought Big George on a thrift store trip with Trina a while back and he just sits up in my sunny second floor, awaiting his overhaul. The steps I will take to complete Big George will be:
1. Paint or stain
2. Rip the fabric off
3. Purchase new fabric
4. Reupholster
5. Add cushions, since he came to me without any cushions. Sad but true. 
6. Find a new home for him

I made a detailed list for each piece of furniture or each sewing project. Writing out each step will help me to work on multiple projects- I can do several pieces that need painting or staining at one time.

I can also check off each step I have completed to feel more accomplished. Instead of feeling overwhelmed with all I have to do yet, thinking "Oh my! I have not completed Big George!" I can say: "I painted him and purchased his new fabric"! So much better! I am on my way!

If I showed you my project list you might think I was a crazy person, so I will keep that to myself for now...

What kind of strategies do you implement to get your projects done?

No comments:

Post a Comment