Monday, July 18, 2011

Thrifting Success!

Today Trina and I went to one of our favorite thrift stores. It is so much fun to go with a friend! I bought a pair of chairs and a box of weaving materials to create the seats (including a VHS tape!). I never would have bought the kit outside of a thrift store since these materials do not come cheap. I am excited to learn a new skill and to see the end results.


The other big item I purchased was this chair.  I thought for sure it would be out of our price range judging from the woodwork and quality. It ended up that it didn't have cushions and they were going to chuck it! Apparently another woman came into the store earlier and purchased the matching ottoman and the cushions off of the chair, saying she didn't know how to upholster. How odd to buy only cushions from a chair! We were told we could take it if we wanted to for the price of $1!!! Trina and I squealed with delight and were jumping and giving each other high-fives in the store aisle. The guy at the thrift store probably never saw two people get so excited about a chair before! 


I don't know which project to start on first!

What about you? Have you ever used chair weaving materials? We'd be happy to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment