Monday, August 15, 2011

My New Scissors

I bought a new pair of scissors the other day- not just any scissors, mind you, but pinking shears.

Okay you might be saying- "Johanna, how in the world do you not have pinking shears already?" I confess that I already owned a pair I "inherited" from my mom (Ooops- surprise, Mom!) a delightfully aged and well-used pair, but with a slight problem: they are for lefties. Despite keeping my hopes up again and again that the next project would come out better with them, the pair just made me mad and my projects shred.

Enter Fiskars Finishing Shears and a Joann's coupon!

I was just itching to make something with my new scissors, so I grabbed some twine and some drop cloth left over from my slipcover, and made this cute banner! I love the crisp sound they make as I snip through the fabric.


Well, I couldn't stop there so I made a few for my favorite season: fall. However, a funny thing happened. I was making one of my fall banners while sitting on the living room floor, half-watching a "B" movie with Mr. Lemon  when I made the fatal mistake of attaching the "flags" on backwards, so the banner said "lufknaht eb".  Oh no, that's not German for "Happy Thanksgiving"- it's backwards for "Be Thankful". Yep. I wish I took a picture, but I was laughing too hard!


Fall Banner Take Two:


What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment