Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rainy Day = Thrifting Success!

It has been raining here like crazy! Although it is good for the grass it is unfortunate for my crafting plans...I had hoped to finish up my chairs for the big reveal today but instead you will only get another sneak peak: Do you like the grain sack inspired seat? It is very "Miss Mustard Seedish"... Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post the makeover reveal!

Not all was wasted though - Johanna and I were able to sneak away for a trip to our favorite thrift store. We didn't even mind having to run from our cars to the store in the rain - we are very dedicated thrift store shoppers!
Here are some treasures that we found in the bric-a-brac area:
Not really sure what our plans are for these - but we couldn't pass them up! (please ignore my chippy nail polish)
This little frame was cute...I'm picturing it as a small magnetic recipe card holder - isn't Johanna a great hand model!


Matching ornate frames...possible future chalkboards

I really wanted to buy this giant fork and spoon combo but Johanna talked me out of it - something about it not really being the look we are going for (I'm totally kidding about wanting them). We also scored a shabby chic looking pot and two matching ornate oval table frames - we were having so much fun that I forgot to take pictures of those. So even though I wasn't able to finish my chairs we had a successful trip to the thrift store!

Come back tomorrow to see what we craft up for "What We Made Wednesday" (We're thinking about changing the name to "Project Wednesday" - what do you think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment