Tuesday, August 2, 2011

picking up hitchhiker's

It has been so hot lately! The only thing that seems to help cool us down are freeze pops - and we were out of them! This meant a "quick" trip to the store to stock up on more!

So I load up my family and head out on the road. Although I am paying attention to the cars on the road I am also paying attention to what is on peoples front lawns and curbs. And today I found four beautiful hitchhikers!


I immediately did a U-turn and pulled into their drive way - I was so excited! Johanna and I have been looking for a matching set of dining room chairs that had caning (with no holes). First thing I did was text a picture to Johanna and then I went to assess the situation in my trunk. Did I mention that I had my family in the car AND my huge stroller? It wasn't looking good...
BUT WAIT! My husband works just around the corner and would be more than willing to help this damsel in distress! After a quick call he was there loading these beauties into his hatchback and they were on their way to our studio (which currently looks like a craft explosion/thrift store).

In case you were wondering "What about the freeze pops?"....Don't worry we went back and picked up the "Aldis's goodness in a mesh bag" (quoted by Johanna)!


Here's a sneak peak of the chair that I am currently working on:


Hopefully she will be finished later on today!


Now on to other business...which freeze pop should I have first - Pina Colada or Lime?

1 comment:

  1. Ok,you and I are going to have to start spending some time together! I have a cabinet thing that we found in our barn that I am dying to get my hands on. I need you to come over and see what you think I can do with it. I need your creative juices, girl! Oh, this is Robin F btw.

    ReplyDelete