Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Heart Containers.

I like everything to have it's own place in my house- whether it is a mixing spoon, bath towel, or pair of scissors- everybody needs a home. It helps me to keep my house a little tidier and also helps me find things easier. I am not much of a fan of a "junk drawer"- I need plenty of dividers, bins, baskets, etc to keep me sane. Anyone with me?

When I am out scouting for treasure, I always look for creative ways to stay organized.  A while back I picked up a set of four nesting containers- they were boring but had potential, so I put them on my "someday shelf" in my studio and waited until I was inspired to do something with them.


Today was the day!

I lightly sanded them and painted them white using acrylic craft paint. I scuffed them up and hand painted a number onto each container and then guess what I did with them? I sanded them again!  I am considering adding a knob or something to the lids to give them a little more personality. What do you think?


These containers will be the happy home to extension cords, batteries, and other household randomness. Three cheers for organization!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment