Friday, July 22, 2011

Is This a Living Room or a Thrift Store?

I had a good surprise today! I was driving home from a friend's pool today and came across three beautiful chairs in a driveway. I immediately called Trina and continued to circle the block three or more times.
Me: "Trina! Trina! Trina! There are some chairs in a driveway- do you think I should jump out and take them?"
Trina: "How about you say, ' Hey mind if I take these chairs off your hands?' instead?"
Me: "Oh right. That IS more polite and less desperate sounding."

I parked the car and got out, dressed in my swimsuit and cover up, still smelling like chlorine. One chair had some broken caning on the side, one had an issue with the seat and the third seemed perfectly fine, but outdated. I started inspecting the chairs when I saw a friendly face and asked- "What is going on with those chairs?" with the least amount of excitement and desperation I could muster. (This was very hard for me since I am usually very animated.) It turns out that the chairs were indeed for free and the folks giving them away are related to a friend from church. We had a pleasant little chat and then I noticed my husband (whom I refer to as Mr. Lemon) walking from the train station to his car, which he parks on the same street we were on. At this point, I was thinking, "What else can we take, now that we have a whole other car to fill?" We grabbed the third chair and an electric heater and drove home. This is why I always keep bungee cords in my trunk!

So now all three of the newly acquired chairs, plus the two chairs I need to weave seats for, my Frenchy blue cane chair, and Harriet the velor chair are in my living room with my couch and love seat. Walking from one side of the room to the other is like going through a maze and definitely is poor Feng Shui, however, I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment