Friday, July 29, 2011

Ode to Garbage Night

I love garbage night. It is predictable, practical and yet exciting at the same time. The same time every week people put out trash and things that they don't want and in the morning the items are gone!  I am thankful for neighbors who do not take items to thrift stores but would rather leave them out along the curb for me to put into my trunk.  Every week Mr. Lemon and I get into our car with a flashlight and gloves and drive around our neighborhood- not all weeks are stellar, mind you, but we have fun.  We have gained a patio table, a bookcase, and a few other items that just need a little love or a good cleaning and can be brought to life again.

Here is this week's discovery:


I will have to wait to clean him up- my parents are coming to visit (hopefully with a sander in tow)!

No comments:

Post a Comment