Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lamp Re-vamp

When my husband ("Mr. Lemon") and I  moved into our house, we inherited some interesting pieces, including this lamp.  I mean I love America as much as the next person, but I do not feel the need to include my patriotism in my home decor. We have eagles on many random items found in our house- light switch plates, garden gate hooks, etc, but this lantern-eagle-candle lamp with the huge shade takes the cake! Obviously this had to go.


I came across this lamp. I liked the base but the shade did nothing for it. (I apologize for the bad photos- I guess I was just too excited about the new lamp!)


When I saw this shade I knew it would be a good match! I put it in my living room for now.

What about you- do you have any quirky decor in your home?

2 comments:

  1. Love your fresh ideas. You are inspiring me to look at my stuff with a new eye. Can't wait to see some more of your thrifty creativity!

    ReplyDelete