Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Topiary Tutorial

I made three topiaries today. This is such an easy project I thought I would show you how I made mine.

There are the supplies you will need: Newspaper, rusty buckets, lots of hot glue, sicks from my yard, sheet moss and ribbon. I needed a little over half of a bag of moss to complete one topiary.

I wanted to show you the progression from stick to small ball to full size topiary. Once you get the topiary top to the size you need, you can start gluing the moss to the paper ball. I like to start at the top since that is what you will see the most. Take your time and cover the entire ball using the larger pieces of moss first and then going back to fill and bald patches. When you finish covering the ball, cover the base section with moss.
Each bag of moss is a bit different, so try to mix in the different colors to make it look more natural and less like patchwork.
I tied a ribbon on the stem to add a little interest. Looks cute! You can change the ribbon with the seasons if you would like, so don't have to hot glue the ribbon.

Again I apologize for the quality of my photos... I know I don't have a top of the line camera or even great photo skills, but I am happy to be able (and remember) to document each project. Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment